My FAVORITE Cabbage Soup
Best comfort food my momma has ever made me! Loaded with healthy proteins and fibrous vegetables.
1 Head Cabbage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 apples, finely chopped
2 onions, chopped
1lb organic ground turkey
2 slices gluten free bread shredded into small pieces
1-teaspoon salt, pepper, oregano
2 cans crushed tomato
1 jar organic vegetable pasta sauce
4 cups chicken bouillon
½ cup coconut milk or almond milk
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup lemon juice
- Mix shredded bread into ground turkey. Add ½ jar of pasta sauce, ½ c milk, 1-teaspoon salt, 1-teaspoon pepper, 1-teaspoon oregano into the meat mixture. Mix together thoroughly… hands work best!
- Form into small meatballs and place bowl.
- In a large soup pot, saute onions in olive oil until brown. Add 2 cans of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and cabbage. Add the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, and meatballs.
- Cover and cook for at least 4 hours, occasionally stirring the soup.
- Add the remainder of the pasta sauce. Place in oven at 350 degrees and cook for 1 hour.
Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Cook Time: 5 hours